May 05, 2009

Joseph Smith the Prophet

This week's article is a talk given 30 years ago by Elder David B. Haight of the quorum of the twelve and is entitled, "Joseph Smith the Prophet."

On my mission we were taught that if we were ever in a situation where we didn't know what to say, we should testify of the Prophet Joseph Smith, his first vision, and the Restoration of the Gospel. This week I don't know what to say. At the request of a reader, I am currently working on a couple posts about Jesus Christ, the Atonement, and works so I wanted to choose an unrelated article for this week since you will soon be getting a number of articles related to Christ and His Atonement. I didn't know what topic to choose, so you get Joseph Smith and the Restoration this week.

Talking about Joseph Smith never gets old for me. I love the prophet Joseph and am eternally grateful for all that he did. I am grateful that he had the faith to pray to God the Father for help to know His will and truth. I am grateful that he had the courage to fill the holy calling that God bestowed upon him. I am grateful that he was patient in his trials and that he had the eternal perspective to continue and be diligent as the Lord used him to restore His gospel.

Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, David B. Haight was an apostle, and Thomas B. Monson is the Lord's prophet today.

Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jeremy!
    Your blog is always so inspiring :)I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith.

    ReplyDelete