June 22, 2009

The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope

As I was searching for an article of the week, I came across this article by President James E. Faust about which I had forgotten. The article, entitled, "The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope," perfectly answers the question that I tried to answer with the post Faith v. Works. Of course I re-find this talk after I finish answering need_to_know's question. Such is life.

Either way, President Faust's talk, given at the October 2001 General Conference, is great and you all need to read it. He so wonderfully describes exactly how the atonement of Jesus Christ works in our lives in relation to faith, works, desire, and sin.

As I re-read the talk, my testimony that President Faust was an apostle of the Lord was strengthened and my understanding of the atonement increased. This is a powerful article and I challenge all of you to read it and figure out what you need to do in your lives to more fully take advantage of the atonement and show Jesus Christ your gratitude for all He did.

Christ lives. He lived and died for us. We have the option to now live and die that we may return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven once more.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment