December 16, 2009

"Maybe Christmas Doesn't Come From A Store"

This week's article is a few days late, and I apologize. However, the next few weeks' articles need to be very specific to the Christmas season and I have been searching for a long time for the perfect articles to post.

The article I chose this week is written by Jeffrey R. Holland entitled, '“Maybe Christmas Doesn’t Come from a Store”,' from the December 1977 Ensign. In this article, Holland focuses on the significance of the original Christmas story and on the things that we can learn from the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ.

I won't say more about this article or about remembering the real purpose and meaning of Christmas; I am writing a Christmas post that will hopefully be up by the end of the week in which I will share my thoughts and feelings about the season. I will, however, add my short testimony to that of Elder Holland's. Jesus Christ is our Savior. His birth in this mortal world was heralded by angels and wondrous signs because His life, which did not begin in Bethlehem, would not end on Calvary's cross. He lives. He is our Savior and His life, death, resurrection, and Atonement provides hope and the means to all of us that we may also receive eternal life which is the greatest of all the gifts of God.

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! ‘Maybe Christmas,’ he thought, ‘doesn’t come from a store.’ ”

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment