February 21, 2010

Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer

In the April 2007 General Conference, apostle Elder Richard G. Scott gave a talk entitled, "Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer." (Links to Windows Media Player and Quicktime Player videos.)This talk wonderfully defines prayer, beautifully illustrates how we can use prayer to communicate our sincere desires with our Heavenly Father, and clearly describes the manner in which we receive answers to our prayers.

Many people understand and use prayer differently. Even those who profess no belief in God or a Supreme Being utter a plea to a Higher Power during extreme situations. However, when we understand our relationship with God, that is, that He is our Father and we are His children, prayer becomes natural and instinctive (see Bible Dictionary: Prayer).

Prayer is a strength to us during our sojourn here on earth. Prayer is one way in which we express our love and gratitude to our Heavenly Father for all He does for us. Prayer is the means by which we ask for the desires of our hearts. We should pray during good times and during hard times. Prayer is not simply a last ditch effort to ease our pain or to get what we want. Prayer is how we communicate with our Father in Heaven and how we build our relationship with Him.

As for receiving answers to prayer, read what Elder Scott has to say. I testify that the principles and doctrines taught by the Lord's apostle are true. I have tested each of these principles numerous times in my own life and I know that the Lord loves us enough to answer our prayers.

Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeremy,
    I just have to let you know how proud your mom is of you and what your Blog stands for and offers.

    She and I go visiting teaching together and she brings this up quite often. I am glad I finally found it (from Aubree Grovers side bar).

    What a ray of sunshine your Blog is!! You are one awesome guy and I think a lot of you and Zachary. You have been such great examples of goodness to Jade and Ethan.

    Keep in touch. I love technology and how we can all connect and keep in touch and stay caught up on each others lives.

    Hope this finds things going well for you and having a wonderful Sabbath day!

    This video of my favorite Primary song just made my day...hopefully it makes yours as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8FdW0diox4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite talks. Love this

    ReplyDelete