June 08, 2011

Why I Am A Mormon


My parents and siblings are all members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was raised in the Mormon faith and have always gone to church, etc. Therefore I have seen firsthand what wonderful blessings come from living the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So many things have happened in my life that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. The teachings taught therein are indeed the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

In my traveling I am exposed to numerous different situations, people, and lifestyles. I have met people that are very happy, people that are absolutely miserable, and people everywhere in between. Everyone is seeking happiness and success. However, the world defines happiness and success in a different way than the Lord does.

As I observe the different lifestyles people choose to live, my testimony in the Lord Jesus Christ strengthens. I know that living His gospel is the only way to be truly happy in this life. The world's teachings are increasingly opposite the Savior's teachings and the world has people going in circles pursuing something that cannot bring true peace and happiness.

I have read the Book of Mormon, I have prayed to my Heavenly Father to know of it's truthfulness, and I have received a witness that the Book of Mormon is true. In the same manner I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. In Their infinite love for us, They restored their Church that we may know how to live that we may return to live with Them and our families forever.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment