November 27, 2011

The Power of Scripture


"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ."

The above quote comes from an address given by Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. His address, entitled "The Power of Scripture," was given at the 181st semi-annual General Conference in October 2011.

Usually I share my thoughts and insights about the talk I feature each week. This week, however, I have nothing really to say. Elder Scott conveys his love for the scriptures so beautifully and completely that anything I say will just distract from his message.

Read this talk! In it you will find many wonderful teachings that will strengthen your testimony of the words of the Lord and broaden your understanding of the power of the scriptures. I love the scriptures and I add my testimony to the testimony of Elder Scott. Studying the word of the Lord through His prophets provides a foundation of support and truth that can be called on anytime, anywhere in a time of need.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment