November 17, 2011

Teachings of Jesus


Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Those who believe in Him are called Christians. All benefit from a deep and abiding faith in Him and in the power of His great atoning sacrifice. Jesus Christ taught many things about Himself. In order to understand who Jesus Christ is and how faith in Him will bless your life, you must read the scriptures, especially the words which He spoke of Himself.

In the October 2011 General Conference, the apostle Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke concerning the "Teachings of Jesus." Using the words of Christ, Elder Oaks taught many truths concerning the Savior's works and mission. Jesus Christ:
  • is the Only Begotten Son
  • is the express image of God the Father's person
  • is the Creator
  • is the Great Jehovah, the Lord God of Israel
  • is the Life of the World
  • is the Light of the World
  • is the way to eternal life
  • was obedient and submissive to the will of His Father
  • is the great Exemplar
  • is the source of the priesthood power given to the apostles
  • guides us through the Holy Ghost
  • guides us by giving us commandments
  • challenges us to focus on Hum, and not on the teachings of the world
  • suffered and died for us, atoning for our sins and trials, enabling us to become clean through repentance and receive all that the Father hath.
So what think ye of Christ? Who is Jesus Christ to you? To me He is my Savior, the one through whom I can repent and become clean. He atoned for me and my sins and weaknesses and I am constantly grateful for the opportunity I have to repent and even more for how I feel throughout the repentance process. I love the words of the Savior Himself and through His prophets, living and dead. I love the temple and how I feel when I am in the house of the Lord. Do you get the idea? The feelings I have because of Jesus Christ make me truly happy, more so than any other feelings from any other source. He is the way, the truth, and the light. He is my friend.


Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. I love the temple! it is fabulous :)

    Thanks for talking about feelings in this post

    ReplyDelete